It’s the time we’ve all been waiting for… school is out and the summer fun is just beginning! Picnics, barbecues, festivals, vacations, swimming, hiking and biking – it’s the season that we look forward to spending our days outdoors from sunup to sundown!
- Make sure your grill is well cleaned and working properly before using.
- Make sure your lid is OPEN when starting the ignition source.
- Operate your grill in an outdoor space away from furniture, decks and people.
- Never leave your grill unattended.
- Keep a fire extinguisher, baking soda, or a bucket of sand nearby.
Swimming Pool Safety:
- Install a fence with a gate to isolate your pool from your house and the areas around it.
- Do not leave children or guests unattended.
- Establish pool safety rules for your children and guests and post them in a visible location.
- If you hear thunder or see lightning, ask everyone to get out of the pool.
- If you are staying in a hotel, keep your valuables secure in your room’s safe.
- Don’t leave your valuable belongings in your car.
- If driving, check your tire pressure and tread. Replace the tires before your trip if needed.
- If renting a car, read our “Do you have insurance with that?” article in this newsletter.