The Employee Benefits Producer is responsible for prospecting, soliciting, quoting, and selling group benefits / group health insurance. Specific sales goals and service responsibilities are determined during the quarterly planning process for this position. Meets service and sales standards of volume with timeliness and quality
Employee Benefits Producer
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Identifies and develops insurance prospects and appropriate markets
- Generate leads and pipeline opportunities through outbound prospecting via cold calling, drop-ins, email, LinkedIn, and networking
- Responds to referrals quickly and effectively
- Prequalifies insurance prospects for insurability and quality of risk
- Creates and maintains client or prospect list
- Designs benefits programs and recommends benefits strategies to clients
- Creates benefits proposals; makes sales presentations to prospective and existing clients on new and renewal business
- Develops, follows, and completes sales objectives
Retention and Continuous Marketing:
- Develops a book of business that’s profitable for both the agency and the carriers
- Works with clients to ensure program meets needs of employer and employees
- Provides needed information and clarifications about clients to company personnel, and documents in our Agency Management System.
- Takes advantage of cross-sell or up-sell opportunities that are in the best interest of the client
- Reviews existing programs, at least annually, to ensure accounts are up-to-date and determine whether or not they need remarketed
- Assists service staff to collect client information in preparation of open enrollment, and renewal proposals
- Retains assigned percentage of accounts at each renewal
- Continues to develop relationships with client
- Accepts and handles any duties/prospects as assigned by agency management
Personal and Organizational Development:
- Participate in sales meetings
- Identifies training needs with assistance from managers. Develops a personal improvement plan, and takes responsibility for learning and improving technical and sales skills regularly.
- Reads and interprets technical manuals and insurance information from carriers, vendors, publishers, etc.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years Health Insurance, Voluntary Benefits, or Human Capital industry experience
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with others, to explain complex issues, to receive and interpret complex information, and to respond appropriately.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication and interpret abstract information.
- Life and Health License preferred (not required)
- Ability to collaborate and work with a team-first mentality.
- Ability to generate new business sales, retain existing business, and to close sales in insurance.
- B2B Sales Experience
Compensation & Benefits Package:
- Competitive base salary + commission
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance Plan
- Vacation, Holiday & Sick Time
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Contributions
- 30 Hours of PTO Per Year to Volunteer for a Non-Profit Organization
- Birthdays OFF!
- Quarterly Catered Lunches
- Career Development
- 100% Paid Continuing Education