Is your company at risk of a cyber attack?
Short answer: YES!
We all are.
In fact, the risk of a cyber attack happening to businesses like yours is increasing every day.
Recent research indicates that a hacker attacks a computer with internet access every 39 seconds (on average), affecting one in three Americans every year.
In addition, the average cost of a data breach in 2020 is expected to exceed $150 million.
So what can your business do to help reduce the risk of a cyber attack in your business?
6 Strategies to Reduce the Risk of a Cyber Attack
- Firewalls: Make sure all firewalls and routers are secure and kept up-to-date.
- Cyber Security Policy: Implement a cyber security policy that educates employees about the dangers of computer intrusion and how to prevent them.
- Software Updates: Download and install software updates for your operating systems and applications as they become available.
- Password Protection: Implement a strict password policy and have employees change system passwords every 90 days.
- Company Data: Limit employee access to company data and information, and limit authority to install software.
- Cyber Liability Insurance: Make sure you’re covered by a cyber liability insurance policy.
Have Questions About Cyber Liability Insurance?
- Do you have Cyber Liability Insurance coverage?
- Do you have enough Cyber Liability Insurance coverage?
- Is there Cyber Liability Insurance coverage included in your standard business insurance policy?
- Do you have a Cyber Risk Management Response Plan in the event a cyber attack happens to your company?
Contact our Accredited Cyber Risk Advisors Today
Patrick O’Neill, President & CEO, and Pat O’Neill, Risk Advisor are Accredited Cyber Risk Advisors through the Beyond Insurance Global Network – the nation’s 4th largest insurance network in the country.
Both are prepared to answer any questions you have about your Cyber Risk Exposure and Cyber Liability Insurance, and help you determine whether or not you have the appropriate insurance coverage in place.
Contact them today!
Patrick O’Neill – email@example.com
Pat O’Neill – firstname.lastname@example.org