The holidays bring to mind thoughts of family, friends, fun…
Each year, millions of Americans struggle to maintain their weight during the holidays.
With so many social gatherings during this time, it can be difficult to avoid treating yourself when you’re offered great food and drinks.
Whether you’re dieting or just trying to maintain your healthy lifestyle, fear not.
You CAN survive the holidays and wake up in 2020 without feeling any remorse or guilt.
Consider these tips to help maintain your weight this holiday season:
- Don’t go to the party hungry: Eat before attending a party so you don’t arrive on an empty stomach and devour everything in sight.
- Eat slowly: Be mindful of every bite. It takes your body 20 minutes to realize when it’s full.
- Pace yourself when drinking: Alcohol can be dangerous at holiday parties, as an overindulgence can not only cause embarrassment, but also pack on the weight.
- Make socializing your top priority: If you’re distracted with conversation, you’ll be occupied and less likely to indulge in food or drinks.
- Don’t feel pressured to eat leftovers: If you have an abundance of leftovers after hosting a party, don’t feel like you have to eat them just because you don’t want them to go to waste.
- Practice self-control: Allow yourself one plate of food at a party, and promise yourself that you won’t go back for seconds.
These are just a few tips to implement through the holidays, in an effort to help maintain and not gain.
Here’s to healthy choices this holiday season!